State Bank of India (SBI) has invited applications for the recruitment of 2313 Probationary Officer (PO) vacancies. Eligible candidates can apply online from 07-02-2017 to 06-03-2017. Other details like age limit, educational qualification, selection process & how to apply are given below…
About sbi: State Bank of India (SBI) is the largest commercial bank in India in terms of assets, deposits, profits, branches, customers and employees. . It is a government-owned corporation with its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra. As of 2016-17, it had assets of ₹30.72 trillion (US$460 billion) and more than 14,000 branches, including 191 foreign offices spread across 36 countries, making it the largest banking and financial services company in India by assets
SBI Vacancy Details:
Name of the Post: Probationary Officer
1. SC: 347 Posts
2. ST: 350 Posts
3. OBC: 606 Posts
4. GEN: 1010 Posts
Total: 2313 posts
Candidates should possess Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
Candidates age should be 21 – 30 years (must have been born not earlier than 02-04-1987 and not later than 01-04-1996) as on 01-04-2017. Upper age relaxation is applicable by 3 years for OBC, 10 years for PWD, 5 years for SC/ ST/ Ex-Servicemen & Others candidates as per rules.
How to Apply:
In order to apply for SBI PO, candidates are instructed to go to the official website of State Bank of India i.e. Registration fee can be paid in online mode by using the internet banking/credit card/debit card. Photograph and signature, you upload during application procedure, must be clear enough, otherwise it is liable to be rejected by the respective authority.
For General and Others: Rs. 600/-
For SC/ST/PWD category candidates: Rs.100/-
Exam Pattern :
We are sharing below details of exam pattern for SBI PO Preliminary and Main exam going to be held in this year.
Paper Pattern of Preliminary Exam
- There will be an online test containing 100 objective type questions conducted.
- Duration of the paper will be for 1 hour.
- Distribution of questions in the exam would be as follows:
|Test Paper||Number of Questions||Marks|
Paper Pattern of Main Exam
- Main exam will have two parts i.e. Objective Part and Descriptive Part. Objective part will be of 200 marks whereas; Descriptive test will be of 50 marks.
- Descriptive test will be basically a test of English language.
SBI PO 2017 selection procedure consists of following phases:
Phase I- Preliminary Exam
- The Preliminary exam will be conducted in online mode where candidates will get a question paper of 100 marks. The exam duration will be for 1 hour.
- Questions are to be asked from English language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability. Candidates will have to achieve minimum qualifying marks in each subject.
Phase II- Main Exam
- In the Main exam, you’ll have to appear for an objective test of 200 marks followed by a descriptive test of 50 marks.
- The exam duration for objective test will be 3 hours where, 30 minutes of time will be there for descriptive type test.
- Descriptive test is basically a test of English language containing Latter writing & Essay based question.
Phase III- Group Discussions
Candidates who are qualified in aforesaid tests will be further called to attend the Group Discussion and Interview.
|Sr. No.||Important Event||Tentative Dates|
|1.||Online registration process would be started from||7th February 2017|
|2.||Online registration process will end||6th March 2017|
|3.||Date of making payment of application fees/intimation charges||7th February- 6th March 2017|
|4.||Call letters for online preliminary exam will be downloaded||15th April 2017 onward|
|5.||Date of preliminary exam (online)||29th & 30th April and 6th & 7th May, 2017|
|6.||Preliminary exam result would be available from||17th May 2017|
|7.||Call letter download for Main exam||22nd May, 2017|
|8.||Date of Main exam (online)||4th June, 2017|
|9.||Main exam result will be declared||19th June 2017|
|10.||Interview call letters will be available from||26th June 2017|
|11.||Date of Group exercises & Interview||10th July, 2017 onward|
|11.||Date of releasing of final result||5th August 2017|
|11.||Date of downloading of call letters for pre-exam training||7th April, 2017 onward|
|11.||Date of conducting of pre-exam training||17th April to 22nd April, 2017|