SSC CPO (Staff Selection Commission Central Police Organisation) is going to recruit suitable candidates for multiple posts. There are approximately 1223 vacancies to be filled through the recruitment drive of the year 2018. The posts include Sub Inspector in Delhi Police, Sub Inspector in CAPFs (Central Armed Police Forces), and Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF (Central Industrial Security Force). This is a great opportunity for an adventurous career with Central Government.
Given below are the posts for SSC CPO 2018:
- Sub Inspector in Delhi Police (Male:97, Female:53)
- Sub Inspector in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) :1073
- Assistant Sub Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF): Estimated Vacancies
Total Number of Vacancies:1223
- You should have Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognised University.
- For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police (only) – Male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) as on the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Standard Tests. Otherwise, they will not be allowed to undergo Physical Endurance and Standard Tests.
(as on 01.08.2018)
- Minimum Age Limit – 20 years
- Maximum Age Limit – 25 years
You should be born not before 02nd August 1993 and not later than 01st August 1998.
- SC/ST – 5 years
- OBC – 3 years
- ExSM – 5 years
Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure:
The SSC CPO exam will take place in 2 stages – Paper I and Paper II. After you qualify both the Papers, you will need to go through a mandatory Physical Endurance Test before you are conducted. But your selection will be based on SSC CPO Paper I & II.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern – Paper I
|Date of Exam||Part||Subject||No. of Qs||Max Marks||Duration|
|4th June 2018 to
10th June 2018
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours|
SSC CPO Exam Pattern – Paper II
|Date of Exam||Subject||No. of Qs||Max Marks||Duration|
|1st December 2018||English Language & Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
General and OBC candidates will have to pay Rs. 100/- in respect of online applications through SBI Challan /Net banking and any credit and debit cards will be accepted. Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, and Scheduled Tribes and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying fee, as per rules/instructions of Department of Personnel and Training, Government of India.
- Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs: Level-6 (Rs.35400-112400/-)
- Sub Inspector (Executive) (Male/ Female) in Delhi Police: Leve-6 (Rs.35400-112400/-)
- Assistant Sub-Inspector (Executive) in CISF: Level-5 (Rs.29200-92300)
Centers of Examination:
Bangalore (9001), Thiruvananthapuram (9211), Kochi (9204), Thrisur (9212), Gulbarga (9005), Mangalore (9008), Dharwar (9004), Kozhikode (Calicut) (9206), Mysore (9009).
Date of Exam:
- PAPER-I:06.2018 to 10.06.2018
- PAPER-II: 01-12-2018
Physical Standard Test:
|Category of candidates||Height in cm||Chest in cm|
|For male candidate||170||80||85|
|For Female candidates||157||–||–|
|candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
Physical Endurance Test (PET):
For male candidates:
- 100 meters race : 16 seconds
- 1.6 Kms race : 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump : 3.65 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump : 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 metres in 3 chance
For female candidates only:
- 100 metres race in 18 seconds
- 800 metres race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres in 3 chances.
- High Jump: 0.9 metres in 3 chances.
Selection will be on the basis of their performance in Paper-I, candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in PET/ PST Examination. Only those candidates who qualified in PET/ PST Examination will be allowed to appear in PaperII Examination. On the basis of their performance in Paper-I+Paper-II, candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in Medical Examination. Candidates, who are successful in Medical Examination, will be called for detailed Document Verification
How to apply:
Eligible candidates can apply online through the website http://www.ssconline.nic.in on or before 02-04-2018 up to 5 PM.
- Last date of apply online:02-04-2018
- Date of Exam: PAPER-I: 04.06.2018 to 10.06.2018 & PAPER-II: 01-12-2018