Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released SSC CHSL 2020-21 notification n for recruitment to the posts of Lower Divisional Clerk/Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant and Data Entry Operators for various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India.Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through the official website on or before 15-12-2020 (23:30).
Candidates please go through the detailed notification before applying online.
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)
- Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)
- Postal Assistant (PA)
- Sorting Assistant (SA)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO)
- LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- Data Entry Operator (DEO Grade ‘A’) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
- 18-27 years as on 01-01-2021
- Candidates born not before 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2003 are eligible to apply.
- Age relaxation as per Govt rules and regulation
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA): Pay Level-2 Rs. 19,900-63,200/-
- Postal Assistant (PA)/Sorting Assistant (SA): Pay Level-4 Rs. 25,500-81,100
- Data Entry Operator (DEO): Pay Level-4 25,500-81,100/- and Level-5 Rs. 29,200-92,300/-
- General & OBC Candidates:Rs 100/-
- SC/ST, Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM):Nil
- Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
Centres of Examination:
Karnataka, Kerala Region (KKR): Kavaratti(9401), Belagavi (9002), Bengaluru (9001), Hubballi (9011), Kalaburagi (Gulbarga) (9005), Mangaluru (9008), Mysuru (9009), Shivamogga (9010), Udupi (9012). Ernakulam (9213), Kannur (9202), Kollam (9210), Kottayam (9205), Kozhikode (9206), Thrissur (9212), Thiruvananthapuram (9211).
The examination will consist of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Skill Test/ Typing Test (Tier-III).
Tier-I (Computer Based Examination):
|Part||Subject (Not in sequence)||Number of Questions/ Maximum Marks||Time Duration (For all four Parts)|
|1||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25/50||
60 Minutes (80 Minutes for candidates eligible for scribe as per Para 8.1 II General Intelligence 25/ 50 and 8.2)
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25/50|
Tier-II (Descriptive Paper)
Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in ‘Pen and Paper’ Mode. The duration of the Descriptive Paper will be for one hour, The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent. The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English.
Tier-III (Skill Test/ Typing Test):
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test for the shortlisted candidates will be conducted on the computers provided by the Commission or its authorized agency. Skill Test/ Typing Test will be conducted in the cities where Regional Offices of the Commission are located or as decided by the Commission.
- Skill Test is mandatory for Data Entry Operators.
How to apply:
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through the official SSC website on or before 15-12-2020
- Last date and time for receipt of online application: 15-12-2020 (23:30)
- Last date and time for making online fee payment: 17-12-2020 (23:30)
- Last date and time for generation of offline Challan: 19-12-2020 (23:30)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 21-12-2020
- Schedule of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): 12-04-2021 to 27-04-2021